9.09.2009

New Food Ideas

I made two things recently that I enjoyed.  They add in carbs for dinner, but they are healthy choices. 

Cheesy Quinoa
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.  Then in separate pan saute:  green and red bell peppers, onion, basil, and mushrooms in fat free cooking spray.  Add quinoa and fat free mozzarella cheese to pan.  You can add other vegetables.  I served it with tilapia cooked in the skillet and okra.  (I'm not actually sure where this brand of quinoa came from because it was given to me, but I'm sure any is fine)

  
  
Basil Chicken Pasta
Whole wheat penne pasta. I sautéed bell pepper, diced tomatoes, basil (next time I will add the basil later for more flavor). Then I added the pasta, and already baked chicken breasts (baked in oven 170 while at church with basil and garlic powder), fat free mozzarella, and 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. 


No comments: