9.09.2009

Addiction

SUGAR... You know the thing you love and hate at the same time.  Sunday was my husband's birthday and let's just say the sugar won that fight. We had a date night Friday night to Cheesecake Factory.  I had planned all week to have a piece of cheesecake Friday night. I ate the entire thing myself. That started the downward spiral. Saturday I was home alone baking this birthday cake. 
Big mistake.  When you are hungry, you already have sugar in your system, and you are by yourself, I don't recommend this at all.  Man was I a weakling.  I ended up eating a servings worth of cake batter. Then on Sunday of Course I had to have a piece of the actual cake.  

So I am now on day 3 of the sugar detox. It sounds like a joke, but seriously.  I have not had this bad of cravings since the beginning.  Once I got over the hump of not having it, it wasn't nearly as bad. Your body craves sugar more when it's in your system.  My sister helped me realize a good goal which also led to a new life reality.  She suggested waiting until my birthday to have desert again.  That will be two weeks of no sweets.  Once I had the goal in mind it made it much easier. Well, easier, we can leave out the much. 
Life Reality:  Sweets are okay, and fun to have.  But having it does effect the cravings for more. So I plan to look ahead at my calendar and pick the next "sugar date."  When it comes, I will enjoy it.  But it will be planned and an end will be in sight.  That way all the other times when it's in front of my face it will simply be, "no it's not scheduled".  Otherwise there are always sweets around and I will be eating more sweets than anything else.   Sounds a little cooky, but this I think this regimen will help me. 

No comments: