7.05.2009

Detox


One thing that I noticed from the beginning is it was going to take some work to go through a detox process.  When your diet consists of a lot of sugar and complex carbs, it seems to mask your taste buds and cause you to crave more sugar. From the beginning, I slowly started taking out almost all sugar and as many bad carbs as possible.  I have only been drinking water. (a lot of cold water- about 100 oz a day)  No desserts (with a few exceptions).  No added salt. Main carbs being sweet potato, oatmeal, and long grain brown rice.  Breads are occasional and are whole wheat.  After the first few days of feeling hungry all the time and learning to like the green vegetables and other foods, I started to like them more and more.  By taking out the sugar, salt, and bad carbs, the other foods started to taste really good to me.  Now the other foods taste very rich and make my stomach hurt.  Between the exercise and food changes, I have had amazing amounts of energy. 

No comments: