7.05.2009

Inspiration


Well, here's my new blog.  I am inspired to share what has been going on in my life.  I have decided to take charge of recent weight gain and unhealthy eating habits.  This is the first time I am truly giving this part of my life to the Lord.  I started this journey on June 15 and am still going strong.  From day one I started adding exercise in.  I am walking and building up to running 6 days a week. There have been several things to encourage me.  I have been doing a class at church called Healthy Lifestyle.  We have talked about several different topics including, exercise, healthy food choices, what to eat, when to eat, posture, sabbath rest and fasting.  It inspired me to make some changes. One thing I learned that has been significant is to eat when I'm hungry.  Eating the right portion sizes and right foods means I eat at least 5 times a day. (Generally every 2-3 hours)  This keeps the metabolism going strong.  I also heard about a book on the radio.  "Never Say Diet" by Chantel Hobbs.  My sister and brother-in-law have recently made a drastic life style change also.  They have been very encouraging to me. 


After trying many times, what makes it different this time? I have realized that this body is a gift from the Lord and I want to use it to glorify Him.  I am realizing that food is simply fuel.  Not the opportunity for pleasure that it has become for me many times. In the past three weeks I have found myself looking around at other people eating things that are yummy to me.   I have tasted many yummy things all the time, for a long time.  So for now, it's time to deny myself of a little pleasure and rely on Christ to be my strength.  I am also developing new taste buds and a desire for healthy foods. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I think this blog is great, I really wish I would have done something like this. (That cake looks familiar :)