7.06.2009

Monday Morning Exercise

So I have realized something.  It is always hardest for me to exercise on Mondays.  I exercise Monday-Saturday, and take Sunday's off.  Getting back into it Monday morning is really difficult. 
 I get to sleep in on Sunday mornings and it is a wonderful day of rest.  
As I'm walking Monday morning, I find it hard to get motivated to push myself harder.  A lot of self- talk goes on.  "Come on, where's my energy?"  "You had a whole day off, surely you can do this."  But I've realized something.  My new goal:  Monday mornings, I am out there.  I push myself to go the full time.  Even if I don't go as hard as most days.  Even if I don't run any.  I am there.  And I find that Tuesdays always seem easier. The hardest thing about adding exercise back in my life has been consistency.  I think that in itself is a great goal.  So, today I went.  I will probably do something else later in the day when my energy comes back. (Random squats or leg lifts, recommended by my brother-in-law, which my husband and mother think is hilarious) 

So... even on a dreary Monday morning, I choose to get up and get moving. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

That's funny cause I always seem to be more motivated to exercise on Monday. Something about it being a new week & a fresh start.