7.08.2009

New Snack

Snacks
This has been a challenge for me.  Now that I've been going at this for four weeks.  I'm ready to switch things up a bit.  One thing I love about cooking is that you can always do something different.  That hasn't necessarily felt like the case with all of this.  But I'm learning.  I would love to hear recipe ideas for meals and snacks from other people. 

A friend of mine told me about a new snack.  I am thrilled with it.   It is so yummy.  Celery with salsa.  Now, you have to like celery.  And the salsa is homemade.  The salsa is 3 cups Fresh tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 med onion, 3 T fresh, chopped cilantro.  I pulse it a couple of times in the blender.  I keep all of these things on hand because our family loves salsa.  And I have a ton of tomatoes from the garden.  But I've been torn, because I am not eating chips.  Well my friend told me about the celery and salsa.  Great snack.  Feels like a treat.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this. It sounds YUMMY!!! I need to do something...my three yr. old has told me twice now...mommy you have a baby in your womb..as she points to my large flabby belly!!!!
Shelly